Welcome to New Revolution!

~ Sticky Post - Scroll down for updates ~

Welcome to New Revolution - Cynical Book. Formerly this blog was home to a few articles on global warming, but post Climategate, there seems to be no need for that anymore.

Instead, this blog is now being used to host a fan fiction that tells the story of modern events, through the lense of Axis Powers Hetalia, a manga created and owned by Hidekazu Himaruya, and several original characters based off APH but created by me.

Please enjoy the story, and drop a comment to let me know how you liked it. (You don't need to have a Google account to leave a comment on this blog.)

Story Title: New Revolution
Rating: Pg-13, T
Genre: Current Events, Drama


Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Use for This Cynical Book!

Let's blow the dust off this thing and put it back to work again! I believe I have finally found a use for Cynical Book!

The last post I did here was over a year ago, on March 28, 2009. Wow. That was a long time ago. And I looked around this book blog and went, wow, look how much work I'll have to do to get this place back up to working for my new project.

I'm trying to learn how to do a post that stays at the top of the page (one that stays there no matter what else I post) and I'm going to use this blog to host a FanFiction.

Now, for the most part, (Actually, make that the whole part) I use FanFiction.Net for this. However, recently I discovered an anime/manga/webcomic called Axis Powers Hetalia (sometimes Hetalia - Axis Powers.) And as I grew to like it, more and more, an idea was born: I should write a modern-events story involving those characters.

Axis Powers Hetalia, which I will now abbreviate as APH, revolves around the personification of actual countries. Yep. You read that right. Nations like the UK, Germany, America, and Japan... as people. (It grows on you, alright?)

And ... I don't really know why, but I want to do a story following the character of America through some modern politics. Modern as in ... Deepwater Horizon modern.

For that reason, I have decided not to post the story on FanFiction.Net. For a very, very long time I deliberated about whether to post it there or not. It will receive more attention on FFN and get more feedback, but the fact remains that on FFN I'm more at the mercy of the moderators, and I don't need a bunch of liberals running crying to the moderator about how I hurt their fewings. I'm going to tell this story from a Conservative viewpoint, and if you don't like that, sorry.

Liberals, though, are more than welcome to leave feedback on any chapter.

I will not be taking down the older posts on global warming, but I will be changing the blog URL. Instead of being cynicalbookglobalwarming.blogspot.com, it will now be newrevolution-cynicalbook.blogspot.com. It'll be New Revolution 'cause that's the name of the story.

And I suppose eventually I'll have to fix that banner up there. But for now I'll stay with what I've got.

Up next, a nice blog roll and and intro to APH.

And I should see about a sticky post. I'd better get to work.

L8R!

-The All Real Numbers Symbol

The book lives!

No comments: