Welcome to New Revolution!

~ Sticky Post - Scroll down for updates ~

Welcome to New Revolution - Cynical Book. Formerly this blog was home to a few articles on global warming, but post Climategate, there seems to be no need for that anymore.

Instead, this blog is now being used to host a fan fiction that tells the story of modern events, through the lense of Axis Powers Hetalia, a manga created and owned by Hidekazu Himaruya, and several original characters based off APH but created by me.

Please enjoy the story, and drop a comment to let me know how you liked it. (You don't need to have a Google account to leave a comment on this blog.)

Story Title: New Revolution
Rating: Pg-13, T
Genre: Current Events, Drama


Monday, August 9, 2010

Chapter 5: Dancing in the Dark

Summary: California was certain that with all her threats of boycotts and attempt to ruin Arizona's economy, she could make him see the light. Too bad he controlled the electricity for her lights.

--------------------------------------------------

"... As a state-wide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona’s electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the “resources and ties” we share with the City of Los Angeles. In fact, approximately twenty-five percent of the electricity consumed in Los Angeles is generated by power plants in Arizona.

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation. I am confident that Arizona’s utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands."

- Arizona Corporation Commission Rep. Gary Pierce, warning Los Angeles to think twice before they try and boycott Arizona.


The night spent at Clay's house was a quiet one, as far as England knew. There was no sound in the building, other than the sound of crickets and occasionally, a coyote howl outside.

The morning, however was quite different. After breakfast, which was served by Mrs. Baker, Texas prepared to leave, citing a meeting at his capitol he had to be at that afternoon.

An hour after breakfast found the Lone Star State in the foyer of his house, checking the files in his briefcase.

"Here's that file you thought you were missing." Alfred said as he came back into the room and handed Clay another file.

Texas glanced at the contents. "Yeah, this is the right one. Thanks." He shoved the file into his briefcase and snapped the case shut. "So what are you planning to do today?"

"I don't know. I'm feeling change again, but I'm not sure which way this will go." America replied.

England watched silently, and Arizona was sitting in a chair on the other side of the foyer, listening to his music.

"Several of us," 'Us' being the states, "Are thinking about getting a bill like Arizona's." Texas said.

America nodded. "I feel support for 1070 everywhere."

Before anyone could say anything, there came an irritated banging on the front door.

"I wonder who that could be," Texas muttered as he set his briefcase down and went to answer the door. Before he could even put a hand on the knob the door swung open, slamming Texas into the wall.

California was standing in the doorway, a scowl firmly planted on her face. She stormed into the room and grabbed Arizona, pulling him out of the chair and up to her eye level.

"You little twerp," She shrieked. "How could you do this?"

"Do what?" Alejandro asked.

"Pass this dumb bill. How could you be this insensitive? All those poor immigrants want is to make a better life for themselves!"

"It doesn't matter, California. they're here illegally." Alejandro said.

"You can't do this! I'll make sure you back down! I'll boycott you!" California screamed.

Arizona grinned and knocked her arm away, allowing himself to land back on the floor. "So, you want to boycott me, huh? That's fine. But it means I'll have to take away your electricity."

"What?"

"Well, my dams generate 25% of your electricity, and if you want to wreck my economy, than I'll turn off your lights."

There was a long pause, then California growled, "I'll get you for this."

Texas, in the meantime, had freed himself from behind the door and was dragging California back over to the door. "Not in my house, he said as he tossed her out and slammed the door behind her.

"Wait, wait," England said, then turned to America. "Why didn't you intervene?"

"Because I didn't need too." America said.

The nation turned to Arizona. "And I thought you came over here because you didn't want to run into the other states."

"Not the other states." Arizona corrected. "Just New York and California. Mostly New York, because I knew I could handle California."

And England could only wonder, what had he gotten himself into?

------------------------------------------------------

T.A.R.N.S.: short chapter this time. I think the next chapter will be short, too, but I'm not sure. We'll see. And I see it's time to get CA's bio up here. One thing I forgot to mention last chapter: In APH the leaders of countries are not referred to by name, instead being known as 'X country's boss.' Okay? I didn't have a title for this chapter, so I just used Bruce Springsteen's song title. I like that song. But it is kind of misleading because no one's dancing, but California might end up sitting in the dark.

Anyway, please leave a comment and tell me what you thought!

No comments: