Welcome to New Revolution!

~ Sticky Post - Scroll down for updates ~

Welcome to New Revolution - Cynical Book. Formerly this blog was home to a few articles on global warming, but post Climategate, there seems to be no need for that anymore.

Instead, this blog is now being used to host a fan fiction that tells the story of modern events, through the lense of Axis Powers Hetalia, a manga created and owned by Hidekazu Himaruya, and several original characters based off APH but created by me.

Please enjoy the story, and drop a comment to let me know how you liked it. (You don't need to have a Google account to leave a comment on this blog.)

Story Title: New Revolution
Rating: Pg-13, T
Genre: Current Events, Drama


Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Revolution - Chapter 1: All The Right Moves

New Revolution

Chapter 1: All the Right Moves

--

Summary: He had watched the country grow up; he didn’t think he would be there when it died. Older countries were supposed to die before younger ones, just like older people before younger. That was how it worked. But apparently not this time.

Genre: Drama/ Current Events

Rating: T

T.A.R.N.S.: I’ve always thought about doing a story that would chronicle current events through the eyes of a Conservative Patriot, I just never dreamed I would do it like this. I guess APH has changed a lot of things for me. Anyway, this is, to a limited degree, a chronicle of current events that I’m telling through this story. Some events have been juxtaposed in my mind, so they may not quite be in chronological order, and I do apologize for that. The two main characters are America and England, and I don’t know why. I guess I like the relationship those two have. And I don’t know why I like that either. Ah well.

Disclaimer: This story will be very offensive to American Democrats, Moderates, Liberals, and potentially the entire Obama Administration. So take precautions when reading. I’m out to tell the truth, not endear myself to liberals. Also, I do not own APH.

Some OOCness, I apologize.

------------------------------------------------------------

It can't be possible, that rain can fall
Only when it's over our heads
The sun is shining everyday but its far away
Over the world they said, they got

They got all the right friends in all the right places
So yeah, we're going down
They got all the right moves in all the right places
So yeah, we're going down
Said everybody knows, everybody knows where we're going
Yeah, we're going down…


- One Republic, All the Right Moves


In hindsight, he didn’t know why he was here. Maybe because he was already on the continent to visit Canada, so he decided to just drop by and see how America was doing as well.

Arthur Kirkland, the personification of the United Kingdom, climbed the steps that led to Alfred’s apartment and knocked on the door.

There was no sound from within.

After a moment Arthur opened to door and let himself in. It wasn’t like America ever kept the door locked anyway.

But there was no sign that anyone was in the apartment.

Arthur glanced into the kitchen and living room, the master bedroom, and the smaller bedroom that was usually reserved for Canada when the other country came to visit.

Still nothing.

Just when Arthur was starting to think that the whole place was totally empty, he saw that the bathroom door was opened a crack.

And someone was lying on the floor.

He pushed open the door and entered the room. From his position on his back on the floor, Alfred F. Jones, the personification of America, grinned up at him. “Hi England. I hope you don’t mind that I didn’t get up to answer the door. I figured you’d just let yourself, and I have a splitting headache and don’t feel like getting up.

If his appearance was anything to go by, the headache wasn’t his only problem. England crossed his arms over his chest. “You look bloody awful,” He said bluntly. “What’s the matter with you?”

“Guess.”

America’s new boss. Not surprising.

“He doesn’t listen to anyone.” Alfred sighed. “The country’s divided and he wants to divide it further.”

Arthur tried to think of any other situation he’d ever seen – ever been in – that could compare to this one, but he kept coming up dry.

Finally deciding he couldn’t come up with anything, Arthur finally settled for reaching down and pulling Alfred to his feet.

“Ow…oh…ow.” Alfred pressed a hand to his head as Arthur pulled him up. He took a seat on the edge of the bathtub as Arthur started rifling thorough the cabinet behind the mirror. Finding what he was looking for, a bottle of aspirin, the other nation took three of them out of the bottle and handed them to America, who swallowed them dry.

“I’d recommend some sleep.” Arthur said. “It will help your headache.”

“Okay,” Alfred slid off the edge of the tub and back onto the floor.

“No! Not on the floor!” Arthur dragged the other nation back to his feet and tugged him out of the room. “Which one of these is your room?” He asked, not sure which room was which in the D.C. apartment.

“Farthest back.” Alfred replied.

Arthur delivered him to the doorway of the room, then asked, “You have someplace I can stay? I’d like to not have to travel tonight.”

“Take the other bedroom. It’s the one Canada uses when he comes to visit.” Alfred replied.

“Alright. Good night America.”

“’Night England. Uh, thanks for stopping by.”

----------------------------------------
T.A.R.N.S.: And the beginning is simplistic, and I have to play catch up on this like you wouldn't believe. Kindly drop a comment, 'kay?

P.S.: I do not own One republic's song "All The Right Moves.' I am not intending to infringe anyone's copyrights.

No comments: